Frequently Asked Questions
Does my registration fee include printed materials?
- No. All resources for the Annual Meeting will be shared electronically and will be included in the cost of your registration fee. If you would like printed resources, the cost is an additional $25. The resources would include delegate notebook, annual report, and mission and ministry promotional resources. Resources will be shipped in early June to individuals who confirm their preference for a hard copy.
If I am a delegate, can I also attend the Ministerium event?
- Yes. If you are a member of the Ministerium in good standing and you are attending the Annual Meeting as delegate from your church, you can add the Ministerium Annual Meeting and Vocation Development to your registration for $20.
If I am not a delegate, can I still attend the business meetings and worship services?
- Yes. To attend the business meetings and worship services, please register as a General Conferee.
Will my family be able to watch the ordination service?
- Yes, the Saturday ordination service will be live-streamed at youtube.com/covchurch and available for viewing on computers and mobile devices.
Since the Annual Meeting will be held virtually, what will I need to participate?
- The Annual Meeting, Ministerium events, and Ordination Services can be accessed and viewed best from computers. Tablets and phones can also be used but it will not be an optimal experience. Registered participants will receive instructions in early June.
- Note for Mac users: To participate in this Annual Meeting, do not use Safari. If you have not already downloaded Google Chrome onto your laptop, please do so before Gather begins. The best way to sign into AGM Convene is through your Chrome browser.
As an Annual Meeting delegate, how will I cast my votes and participate in the meeting?
- We will begin hosting regular delegate orientation sessions on May 15 in order to ensure delegates have what they need to utilize their voice. In early June, all delegates will receive instructions for logging on and their voting credentials. Delegates should have essential technological resources (computer, cell phone, tablet, internet connectivity, video, and microphone, and headphones) to participate and vote during the meeting. Each delegate will need access to their own device. Sharing of devices will not be permitted.
What do I do if I have not received an email link from AGM Convene to activate my account for Gather?
- Before reaching out for technical support, please check your spam / junk folder to be sure the email is not there. If you still do not see it, please contact Support@conveneagm.com or call 1-800-638-0246.
Will there be technical assistance available if I need help during the meeting?
- Yes, technical assistance will be available throughout the meeting for those who need it. If you have technical difficulties with the software, please contact Support@conveneagm.com or call 1-800-638-0246.
What happens if my Internet fails during the meeting?
- Use of a stable internet connection is suggested for participation in the meeting. A high-speed wi-fi or ethernet connection are the preferred options to secure a stable connection.
As a church delegate, will I need to sit in front of my computer for three days to participate in the Annual Meeting?
- No. We realize the schedule for the Annual Meeting is quite extensive, but since we did not hold an Annual Meeting in 2020, we will be covering two years of business. Although not listed in the published schedule, frequent breaks have been incorporated into the schedule.
Will I know in advance when voting will take place? I want to make certain I am available to vote on matters of importance to my local church.
- We will work to make certain delegates are informed in advance when various agenda items are scheduled to be presented throughout the meeting; however, we cannot guarantee specific times. As with any meeting, agenda items may take more or less time than originally allotted in planning the agenda.
If you were unable to find an answer to your question above or would like additional information about Gather 2021, please contact CovEvents at email@example.com or (800) 910-2442 for assistance. If you need technical support please contact Support@conveneagm.com or call 1-800-638-0246.