Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t have a credit card. Is there another way I can pay?
- Debit or credit card is the preferred method of payment. You may also pay by electronic check at the time of registration.
Even though Gather is being held virtually, can I attend in person?
- No. At this time, there are no accommodations for in-person delegates. You will be able to participate in the Annual Meeting, Ministerium, Ordination Service, and all worship services in their virtual format.
What does my registration fee cover?
- Registration fees cover electronic meeting materials and access to all relevant meeting links and services. Those registered as official Annual Meeting delegates will also receive voting access and credentials.
Does my registration fee include printed materials?
- No. All resources for the Annual Meeting will be shared electronically and will be included in the cost of your registration fee. If you would like printed resources, the cost is an additional $25. The resources would include delegate notebook, annual report, and mission and ministry promotional resources. Resources will be shipped in early June to individuals who confirm their preference for a hard copy.
What if I didn’t order the delegate resources when I first registered?
- We highly recommend that all delegates order the physical resources to be shipped to their home in early June. This will allow you to easily review the material during the business meeting without having to switch back and forth between screens. To order the delegate resources you can click here.
Can anyone register for worship services?
- Yes, worship services will be available for viewing at youtube.com/covchurch
My church has not completed a 2019 Annual Statistical Report. Can I still register as a delegate?
- No, your church must complete this process first to establish delegates. Visit covchurch.org/asr for more details.
If I am a delegate, can I also attend the Ministerium event?
- Yes. If you are a member of the Ministerium in good standing and you are attending the Annual Meeting as delegate from your church, you can add the Ministerium Annual Meeting and Vocation Development to your registration for $20.
If I am not a delegate, can I still attend the business meetings and worship services?
- Yes. To attend the business meetings and worship services, please register as a General Conferee.
Will my family be able to watch the ordination service?
- Yes, the Saturday ordination service will be live-streamed at youtube.com/covchurch and available for viewing on computers and mobile devices.
Since the Annual Meeting will be held virtually, what will I need to participate?
- The Annual Meeting, Ministerium events, and Ordination Services can be accessed and viewed from computers, tablets, and phones using an internet connection. Registered participants will receive instructions in early June.
As an Annual Meeting delegate, how will I cast my votes and participate in the meeting?
- We will begin hosting regular delegate orientation sessions on May 15 in order to ensure delegates have what they need to utilize their voice. In early June, all delegates will receive instructions for logging on and their voting credentials. Delegates should have essential technological resources (computer, cell phone, tablet, internet connectivity, video, and microphone, and headphones) to participate and vote during the meeting. Each delegate will need access to their own device. Sharing of devices will not be permitted.
What type of device will I need in order to participate in the meeting?
- You will be able to participate in the meeting using a desktop or laptop computer, iPhone, Android smartphone, iPad, or Android tablet.
Will there be technical assistance available if I need help during the meeting?
- Yes, technical assistance will be available throughout the meeting for those who need it.
What happens if my Internet fails during the meeting?
- Use of a stable internet connection is suggested for participation in the meeting. A high-speed wi-fi or ethernet connection are the preferred options to secure a stable connection.
As a church delegate, will I need to sit in front of my computer for three days to participate in the Annual Meeting?
- No. We realize the schedule for the Annual Meeting is quite extensive, but since we did not hold an Annual Meeting in 2020, we will be covering two years of business. Although not listed in the published schedule, frequent breaks have been incorporated into the schedule.
The instructions say delegates should be in a “secure” location. Does that mean I should be in the same location for the entire meeting?
- No. Since you will be able to participate in the meeting from portable devices, you will not need to be in the same location for the entire meeting, but you will need a stable internet connection. A “secure” location means the meeting information is not being shared with the general public. The use of headphones and/or privacy screens can enhance security and will ensure that information included in the meeting is not easily viewed or overheard by others.
I have been named a delegate for my church. Who pays for my registration?
- Please contact your church for additional information. Payment agreements for delegate registration are decided at the local church level.
Will I know in advance when voting will take place? I want to make certain I am available to vote on matters of importance to my local church.
- We will work to make certain delegates are informed in advance when various agenda items are scheduled to be presented throughout the meeting; however, we cannot guarantee specific times. As with any meeting, agenda items may take more or less time than originally allotted in planning the agenda.
If you were unable to find an answer to your question above or would like additional information about Gather 2021, please contact CovEvents at email@example.com or (800) 910-2442 for assistance.